Thanks to Pinterest, I found a recipe that’s super simple to remember and easy to do on any weekday night. (YAS!) After completing the recipe once, I was able to complete it over and over again from memory. How cool is that? Pretty cool!!!
Paleo Dinner Rolls (a.k.a. Gluten-free dinner rolls)
- 1 cup Tapioca flour (starch)
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (I use light olive oil for baking and frying)
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
- Pour in oil and water into the bowl and mix. Then add whisked egg and mix.
- If the dough is thin, add more coconut flour – but make sure it’s 1 tablespoon at a time. Coconut flour really soaks in the liquid.
- Scoop dough (about 2 tablespoons worth) and roll into balls. Use tapioca flour to keep hands stick-free.
- Bake rolls for 25-35 minutes. (My oven is weird, sometimes the rolls are done after 28 minutes. Sometimes after 35 minutes. Just keep an eye on them!).
- Makes about 10 rolls.
AND there you have it!!!! Gluten-free bread rolls. Please excuse me while I go and nosh on these bad boys. Nom nom nom.
‘Til the next time.